Thursday, January 30, 2014

First Finish

My first finish of the year is for a Lovely Year of Finishes.  So I am off to a good start for the year.  This little quilt was the left overs from my Flying Geese Riley Blake challenge fabric.  I had enough to finish up a small wall hanging too.  Scraps really do go a long way!


The lay out is from Jaybird's book Skip the Borders.  I used the general layout but not the sizing for the HST's.  I was using what I had and this is it.  I had a dark navy in the very large stacks of solids that I had that worked.  I really wanted to get the navy checked but didn't!

I took a second picture of this one from the side and since it is either 40 below or snowing here there may not be any outdoor photos till March!  This is some crappy weather around here. So I taped this one on my wall in my office, and snapped a couple of photos.  I thought the side view looked kinda cool.

It looks bigger in this one than it really is.

This quilt measures 30' x 30".  Next on the list is the flying geese Riley Blake Mini Quilt.  It is basted and ready to go.  Hoping it will happen this weekend.

I am linking up to A Lovely Month of Finishes and NTT.

Also Linking up to Crazy Mom for Finish it up Friday.

This one also meets one of my goals for for Q-1 Goals and linking up at the finishing party at The Littlest Thistle.

10 comments:

  1. The pop of yellow polkas is really fun! I think the is just amazing and really adds a whole new dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the quilting adds a whole other dimension to it. Beautiful job:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the layout of your HST's is so neat, Beth! This is such a cheery quilt!

    Thanks so much for linking up with Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on finishing this. It looks great :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is very cool. I am stealing it from you.

    ReplyDelete