The pattern was easy and I already had most of the strips cut that were left over from another project I had to add a few more strips in since I didn't use all of the colors.
I quilted it in all over swirls and I as I went on they were looking better. I did quilt this on my new Juki (which I love) and it was so much easier with the extra throat space. I still have to work on my curves and going to fast and the stitches end up a little to big. The tension was great a small adjustment and on my practice piece I could not tell the front from the back!
I used to have an issue with starting and stopping and getting those little jagged lines on my old machine with this one that really only happened once or twice. Not sure what is different but I don't have them each and every time.
I used a dark grey Auril thread on the top and in the bobbin. I used a 90 needle first time of that I have always used that size for FMQ. I normally use an 80 and even a 70. I thought the hole was bigger but really it seems fine now.
Next up is the Badger quilt, Sam did want to know why I finished this one prior to his I liked that this one was smaller and it was a warm up for the bigger one.
I also have made progress on my Moda Friendship I have one block to finish and sew on the ends and then to get the back together which is not too much piecing! Yeah! Really excited for this one too.
Linking up to Let's Bee Sewcial, Crazy Mom Quilts. I will be linking up for some Friday Finishes as well and this was on my Q3 list too so this is the first one to be completed.