Monday, November 26, 2012

Easy Street Update

I have gotten a little sewing in while doing some shopping, decorations, and cooking. Bonnie's first clue was out on Friday and I was glad it was not too difficult to finish. She has said this is not as piecey as previous quilts but we will have to see.   Just had to make 192 4 patches.  That seems simple enough and it was but always takes a little more time than I think, but they are done.  Yeah, step one complete.  I love grey and used up a bunch of strips from previous projects plus some white, black and grey prints I collected over the last year.  Here is the post with the colors I picked.  I have replaced the purple with orange and am super excited to see how this one turns out.  I love all the colors and fabrics!

Now on to gifts for Christmas.  First up is a sewing machine cover for a quilty friend.  She has a serious love of batiks so I picked a few out and then took the zig zag quilt from Crazy Mom Quilts blog to start on that.  I just down sized it to 1.5 inches by 2.5 inches.  I was able to measure her machine on our sewing weekend. So here is hoping it turns out like I think it will in my head.  I really wanted a bright zig zag.  So far so good!




Next will be 3 holiday pillows.  I am just taking one task at a time and hopefully will keep checking things off the list with out getting too overwhelmed. 

I did get the quilt for my grandma done but totally forgot to take pictures of it this weekend so I need to do that this week yet too. 

Linking up to Quiltville and Plum and June !

8 comments:

  1. I love the bright zig zag, that looks so cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grey and white look so peaceful. Of course, when I scrolled down to your post with all of your colors, I realized how bright and beautiful (and energetic) your finished quilt will be.
    Nancy from joy for grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your zig zag quilt looks great! I've used that pattern that before for a mini and I think I'm going to try it again soon for a larger quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just had to comment to someone with the same name!! LOL Love, love the zig zag quilt. Beth in MN

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your 4-patches. The music fabric is gorgeous. That ziggy quilt is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your zig zag...it's looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Sandra I love the G-key (?) Fabric too! Your constant looks like linen, I like that a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilts are so colourful (whoops gave it away I am Canadian putting a u in colour). Look forward to seeing this all come together. Quilt On!

    ReplyDelete