Friday, November 16, 2012

Friday Finishes

I finished the t-shirt quilt for my oldest son.  I had planned on making him one for a long time so when he cleaned out his room when he was leaving for college I stacked all those t-shirts up and there they sat. He is in his junior year at college and thought I better get this done. So I cut and interfaced a lot of shirts!  I had over 30 and used most of them. 

He made sure all of the ones he wanted were in it and that each year of High School was represented in the quilt.  You will notice that there are clumps of color together.  Well, I had laid this one out distributing the color asked him what he thought and rearranging he went. The shirts front and backs had to be next to each other.  So I put it together as requested. 

I thought I would send it out to have it long armed but really didn't want to spend the money so I decided I would quilt it.  I found the design after spending some time over at Leah Day's Blog.  Lots of ideas and videos of how to do it.  I also thought tackling this one block by one block would be helpful.  I liked the way it turned out.  Still need to work on staying on the same stitching line and lining up my stitches when I start and stop.  They always seems to jar off. But you I am getting better each time I do it and once you stand back and look at it.  it looks pretty darn good!



Recently, I had just finished a quilt for our bed at our cottage.  The room has all paneling (hate it) so this definitely will brighten the room up.  I started it back in March at a retreat.  The pattern was from Moda Bake Shop and was call Ruby, Pearl, and Opal Quilt.  I had this quilted at my LQS.  I loved the daisy like flower.  I put Kona butter on the back.  I had picket up a layer cake of Terrain by Kate Spain and then a few pieces of what I could find along with some Good Fortune as well.  When I decided I wanted it bigger I added the solids in as well.  I am not real good an keeping fabric colors or names of what I use.  If I like it I buy it and use it. I love the bright colors in this one for sure. 









Let's hope I can get another quilt finished this weekend!  I have linked up for the first time at both places!
Can I get a Whoop-Whoop?
Finish it up Fridays

5 comments:

  1. Popped over from Crazy Mom Quilts link up ... Both your quilts are lovely, Beth and I wouldn't worry about your quilting - it looks great to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoop, WHoop for sure! Love the bright quilt - that is really super cool. And great job with the T-shirt quilt. My 19yo asked if we could do one with hers. Need to figure out just how to do it, as I see you guys talk about interfacing, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the "Ruby, Pearl and Opal" quilt - just great colours, pieced beautifully. That will brighten up any room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both finishes! The t-shirt quilt is very fitting, and the other is very, very bright! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That colourful quilt is awesome. I bet it brightens the room perfectly.

    ReplyDelete