Sunday, November 18, 2012

What I have been up to

 
This post is heavy with pictures.  I kept thinking that I would have time to post some progress but no go this past week.  I should have had the week of Thanksgiving off but work just did not cooperate so I worked Monday and Tuesday, long days but had off the rest of the week off. That was great but when you host Thanksgiving there just is not enough time to sew too! 
 
So there was some preparations for the best holiday ever and my oldest was home from school.  Which always makes for a great weekend. When he was home, I was able to give him his T-shirt quilt.  He slept with it all weekend and it made the treck back to school today when I drove him back!
 
 
 
 
Dinner was great.  I love cooking for Thanksgiving.  Everyone brings something and the DH cooks the turkey on the grill.  It is alway so good. He received lots of compliments!  Our house does not have a dining room so we make due in the kitchen and squeeze around the table. 
 


 
Every year we take a picture with the turkey.  We almost forgot and had to put the turkey legs back in. 



Here is my mom with a photo of each of her grandkids. There is only my brother and I, so three very spoiled grandkids for my mom. 

 

There always seems time for a nap and a little head rub!

So on the sewing front I have picked my fabrics for Easy Street which is Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt.  I did one a couple of years ago to use up some scraps and loved the fabric selections this year and she said it is not as piecey as the last couple so decided I should do this one.  I am not sure if I will be able to keep up but I am going to sure try.  Bonnie's colors were the same except for the orange, she has purple in there instead.  Since I don't have a whole lot of purple, I went with orange. I am really excited to start on this one.  I only had to buy one more yard of the grey, not bad. 

So now I need to get back to sewing!  I have a lot of gifts to make as well as keeping up with the mystery quilt.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment