Wednesday, July 3, 2013

A Finish for Q2

I am getting in just under the wire with this one.  I only have finished two quilts for Q2.  I had a long list that I was not too hopeful on getting them all done but I figure if I didn't have them on there I may not have found the knock it off the list mentality.  I am happy on what I did get done.

Easy Street was number 2 on my list.  How appropriate I finished number 1 and number 2 on my list!

I took a few pictures this morning of it completely done.  I finished up the binding on Sunday night.  I really wanted to scope out a cool place to take some photos with my DS#2 (he is a photo bug) but our schedules the last two nights just didn't mesh.  So here is what I did get.

 The front early this morning



The back 


 Close up of the long arm quilting


Here is a close up of the block.





Close up of the quilting.  I had this done at my LQS on the longarm.  Well worth it since I swear this quilt weighs about 10 lbs.




Quilt Stats:

Name:  Green Demon (my husband named it that since it was taking up time especially during the month of December
Pattern: Quiltville Mystery Quilt from November 2012
Started: November 2012 and Finished June 2013
Size:  101 x 101

Linking up to She Can Quilt for the Q2 Finish along. and also to Crazy Mom quilts Finish it Friday.


8 comments:

  1. It is really gorgeous! Great job! I've got mine at the quilter right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! What a beautiful quilt. I love the subtle colors that bring it together, the orange and green.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks amazing. I put mine away awhile ago, because it has SO MANY pieces. I may repurpose it into a different quilt. Congratulations on your big finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! That is a BIG finish! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, that's huge! Love your colors and quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way you have such a cool quilting pattern, the curves add interest against the geometry of the patchwork - super job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a really big quilt, I"m glad you didn't have to quilt it on a home machine. So many interesting fabrics in the little peak photos. I just love scrappy that reads cohesive, congrats on the finish

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow thats huge. I've never made anything that big - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete