Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Some sewing time

I was actually really happy that the weather was rainy on Sunday.  I didn't feel the least bit guilty as I headed to my sewing room in the basement. I had a few hours where I could get a few things done.

I had two quilty meetings this week.  Monday night I had my Moda Club meeting at the LQS and I had not made any of my blocks for the month.  I managed to get two out of the three completed.




I received three more Monday so that makes 6 blocks to make this month.  I really want to get caught up.  We'll see how that goes and what gets done or what draws me in first

I also had the MMQG meeting Tuesday night and I had volunteered to quilt our charity quilt about 2 months ago and I just needed to get it done so I quilted it and then sewed on the binding, threw it the wash. Ready!  I took one photo to put it out on our Flickr site.  I just did loops in each row.




On my to do list this week is to finish my Wedding Heart Quilt.
 I worked on the back last week and it is now ready to be basted.


So my plan is to baste the quilt tonight and take the day off of work to start the quilting.  Hoping my plan works!  I would love a finish for Friday!

To Do list:
1.  Plan and make 15 Tula Pink Blocks
2.  Cut out 10 blocks for the x and + quilt
3.  Just joined an Fussy Square Cut Block over on Flickr.  They are so cute!  I think there is one spot left go check it out!

Hope you all have a great week of sewing.

Thanks for stopping Linking up at Plum and June. and Freshly Pieced - WIP Wednesday


5 comments:

  1. The wedding ring heart is fabulous. Such a great idea for a quilt for a married couple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I absolutely love the idea of your wedding heart quilt!!! This is awesome!


    I am stopping by from the WIP hop, hop by if you get a chance! http://domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2013/07/wip-wednesday-july-24th-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the wedding quilt. Including the date like that is very cool, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty heart quilt - they are a personal fave. Really like the date on the back. Lucky couple!!!

    ReplyDelete