Thursday, February 27, 2014

Kids Charity Quilt

Yeah, I finished this kids charity quilt over the weekend.  I had the 6.5 squares along with some yardage saved away for one of my boys and never did make anything with it but when Margaret's Hope Chest was looking for quilts I decided I needed to make something right away.  Pulled it out and started sewing.  This is finish number 3 for 2014 and no new fabric needed!


I pieced the back with the yardage in the box.  There was also enough for the binding.




Close up of the quilting.  I did loops with an orange thread.


I am calling this one Happy Dance!
Fabric Used 6.5 yards

Linking up to NTT, Finish it Up Friday,  Can I Get a Whoo WhooLet's Bee Sewcial

8 comments:

  1. Oh, this is a nice one! I like the skinny border. And the loopy quilting looks like fun! This will be a well loved gift for such a worthy cause. Well done, Beth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. Congrats on finishing another one from stash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Happy Dance is a perfect name for this quilt! The loops really work well, and I really like the back, too. :)
    Carole, Fresh off the Frame

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the visit to my blog. Someone is going to love this one. And the back...what a great idea. The piecing turned out so neat. You are being true to your stash so kudos to you. I know you are dancing a Happy Dance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great. The darks are such a wonderful contrast for the brights. A delight for someone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely bright quilt, and so quick and easy too! I love the border and binding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Front and back, it's a great quilt. Love the bright colors and all from your stash, nice

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bright, happy colors, and you know how much I love a pieced backing. it looks fantastic!

    Thanks so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete