I of course am going to add too many things to the list. I am not sure what I will be able to get done since a few things for work may get in the way. Hate that when that happens! Hopefully, it will give me a sense of purpose to sew and finish something so I can start the next project. I know that I will be starting two new projects this quarter as well. So on to the list!
1. Civil War Sampler- it is pinned and ready to go just need to quilt it. I started this in 2010 for a club at my LQS and I do love it. I spent the last year "practicing" FMQ and now have a plan and feel as I am ready as I will ever be. Finished March 3rd.
Finished February 2013
3. Solids Quilt - Wiggly-Whimsy Quilt - I started this in November of last year and finished putting the rows together over the weekend. (No updated picture of the rows). I still need to put the white sashing vertical rows, figure out the back and then quilt it. I have a plan on what I will quilt too. I probably could have finished putting the top together Sunday night but ending up finishing a good book instead! This is my first solids quilt and am anxious to see this one done as well. I am in the Kona Club at the LQS and our next meeting is January 29th. That is the date I am shooting for so we will see if I can make that! Finished January 2013
4. Easy Street from Quiltville's Mystery quilt. - I have made only 2 blocks out of like 25! Yikes, there are a lot of pieces in this one - over 2,000 someone said. I don't like figuring those things out otherwise I would stop before I ever started. I love the color combination and the ones that are done are really beautiful. The design is incredible that happens with placement. My husband named this the green demon since it was the reason I was locked down in the sewing room all weekend! Flimsy done - needs borders and quilting.
5. Scrap Vomit Quilt- I have all the squares cut and 2 blocks done! Well on my way or so I tell myself. I will work on this one when I don't want to think too hard and have a few minutes to sew. I am also going to use this as my leader/ender project, especially while piecing Easy Street since there is no easy way to piece those blocks. Still working on March 2013 but hope to have it done. March 31st done!
6. Journal covers/Binder Covers- I need to have one journal cover done for the weekend for a swap with the MMQG (Milwaukee Modern Quilt Group). I also want to make 4 others for a quilting retreat for my roomies in March. Then I need to make 2 binder covers for my Moda Club. Never made last years and this year's club starts on the 21st. It would be nice to have those done as well. Here are some fabric pulls of some of the fabrics that could make the cut. One journal cover and one binder cover done.
So I think I have my work cut out for me and I am up for the challenge. We'll see how I end up doing.
Also linking up to Lee-WIP Wednesday- hopefully the weekly update will keep me on task!
Wish me luck!