Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival

It is that time of year again that to link up a quilt with Amy's Creative Side for the Blogger's Quilt Festival.  There are always so many pretty quilts to see in all the categories.

I had decided that I would enter the quilt I made for my son's bed this year.  His room is red, white and black and we are all die hard Badger fans for the University of Wisconsin Madison.  So it made sense that his quilt have some Badger fabric in it and then all the scraps I could find in red, white and black and a little grey.  Not too much since we are not Ohio State fans!


The only fabric I bought for this quilt was the solid black and two fat quarters.  They were too fun not to add.  I had found a fabric with the three monkeys, hear no evil, see no evil and speak no evil. And the other one was the dish ran away with the spoon.  My humor is not lost on my youngest either.

I quilted this black Auril thread on my domestic machine.  I recently bought a Juki and love it for FMQ.  I am still practicing but my quilting has improved with the machine.

I especially loved the back on this one as well.


Those two borders are 1.5 inch strips.  I was happy to note my sweet son liked them and noticed them right away!  I made the quilt in secret and when it was together was the first time he saw it.  My Sam always has an opinion on the quilts I made but he wanted this one to be a surprise. He loves it!

The pattern was from the quilt calendar that we are using and it was a Weeks and Ringle pattern.  This quilt finishes at 88" x 89" and I used black batting as well.  I am entering this in the large quilt category.

Here is one more picture of it.

If you are new here, thanks for visiting and for the fellow followers - thanks for reading!

Happy sewing!

1 comment: