Thursday, October 30, 2014

A Scrappy Batik Finish

I finished my October goal for the Lovely Month of Finishes and even prior to the deadline.  I think this might be a first in a long time!

Here is my Scrappy Batik Majestic.  The pattern is from the free pattern tab on Quiltville.  There is large selection of patterns to choose from there and this is my 5th quilt that I have made from Bonnie Hunter.  This was an easy pattern and thought it turned out well.




The last year has been about using up scraps and my old fabric.  While I am using and making lots of scrap quilts, the fabric isn't seeming to go down as much as I thought it would The goal of this quilt was to use up my batiks.  I have one stack of squares left (cut too many) that I am going to use up and then the rest are being donated.  I will pull the few I like and move them into the color grouping but otherwise I am moving on.

I FMQ'd this on my home machine and was going for the swirl and hook from Angela Walters.  While they do not look exactly as I had hoped, I still liked the effect.




I sew in the basement and my son's girlfriend saw it laid out and really liked it - she love purples, pinks so I think this will be her graduation quilt.  That is a win since I would have made her something anyway, now I am ahead of the game with it already done.  This one also knocks one off the Q4 list as well.

One last picture in the yard on the leaves.  I love this time of year!

I am linking up to NTT, Sew Fresh Quilts, Crazy Mom Quilts, and, Sew Bittersweet Designs.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Your quilting is very even and looks so good (even if it wasn't what you originally planned). And I completely understand being ready to move on from fabric you are trying to use up. Sounds like you have a good plan.

    ReplyDelete