So here is the run down of my Make Christmas list:
1. 5 Thread catchers- pin cushion thingys. (that is the technical term) November 13th -DONE! 2. Apron- chocolate theme - gift for my friend that we make chocolates together each year- Finally found the fabric but we are done with our chocolate making so next year.
3. 3 sets of pot holders, towels and now coasters - gifts for co-workers. DONE!
4. Knitted cowl - bought the yarn last year and want to wear this now! (I haven't started) bought the circular needles. Needed help on the pattern but now not sure where I put it!
5. Paper pieced pillow for SIL Xmas gift - No progress
6. Xmas Table runner - gift for my son to give - DONE!
7. Christmas candies/chocolates - gifts to variety of people including teachers- DONE!
Not much time left now! I can tell you I'd rather sew than do the list of other things that must get done.
Here are a couple of pictures. My gifts for my coworkers:
Hopefully, they will like them. Each co worker is getting a towel, pot holder and a set of coasters. I thought they turned out really well. The coasters were easy and fun to make. The tutorial came from Kelly at My Quilt Infatuation. I may make one more set for a friend in Badger fabric! We'll see how my time goes.
Then the table full of some very yummy chocolates. We made a couple of new things that I found off Pinterest one was really good - the other won't make it into the gift boxes. We did drop a couple of them as well. This was a 9 am to 6 pm work session and I have just some pretzels left to do. Not sure if I am going to do many cookies this year. I love Spritz so those but already have gotten some looks from the kids with no to the others. I am sure I will be persuaded. I found some Red Velvet cookies that look pretty festive too!
Yes chocolate making and wine go together by the end of the day! It tasted delicious with a little dark chocolate!
The rest of my list that I want to finish by the end of the year!
- Moda 2010 Quilt- Top Done and Quilt just need the binding
- X and + Quilt - more scraps cut for additional blocks-no progress
- Ohio Star - Top done and basted - just need to quilt
- Moda Friendship Quilt - blocks done, background bought, and layout kinda figured out
- Dancing 9 Quilt-blocks - Top done and basted - just need to quilt
I had both of those quilts basted by a member of the MMQG. I have not done that before so that should be interesting to see how that works out, hopefully well. It did say my knees since I pin them on my basement floor!