Monday, October 28, 2013

Blogger's Festival

It is that time of year where lots of bloggers link up a favorite quilt for Amy at Amy's Creative Side for the Blogger's Festival.  When I first found this link up, I was not blogging at the time and loved seeing what other people were making.  I was in awe!  I wanted to share things I was making too!  I started my blog about a year ago and linked up for the first time at the Spring Festival and it was so much fun.  I certainly was not going to miss out on this one.

Here is the quilt I am entering in the ROYGBIV Quilts. This is a very recent finish so it is making a repeat appearance.



It was seeing all of those beautiful quilts last spring/fall that I had to make a Rainbow Quilt of my own.  This started by doing my first ever swap on Flickr for all the rainbow charms.  Then I was convinced to join the bee of the local Modern Guild.  I was not worried about sewing for others I didn't know how I would choose one block for others to make me.

I found samples of this quilt on line in lots of color combinations and the block is called the Depression Block.  I handed out my blocks got them all back and knew I needed to finish it sooner than later.  I had to make 5 more blocks to make it a little bigger.



I did straight lines on each side of the blocks.

I used Architextures for the binding.  I need to buy more of this - what a great binding! I loved it.



I found the backing last year and of course did not have quite enough but used up the black and white for the rest of it.

This quilt measures 72" x 90".

Thanks for stopping by! 

9 comments:

  1. Just lovely! I love the b&w corners...!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful quilt, lovely work.
    Have a great day.
    Always, Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I do so love those HST diamonds. What a wonderful quilt and bound with the best - Architextures just works in so many way, right?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful quilt! Love those HST's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great rainbow quilt! So glad you shared it. That's a fun pattern to use the charm squares. And you've got some great B&W fabrics there too.
    I'm really drawn to the rainbow quilts too. One of these days, I really must make one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very successful design. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete