Friday, May 9, 2014

Kids Quilt Finish

Not sure why but just haven't gotten around to writing up the post on this quilt finish.  The pattern is the from Fat Quarter Shop.

This is left over fabric from my other Kid's Quilt.  There is still a little left that I plan on using up.  At least this yellow is gone!  It was a little bright for me but it is cheerful.  This was a fun and fast finish and I am sure will be loved by someone.

I quilted meandering squares because I just love that freemotion design and thought it went well with the design of the quilt.  (I can't wait to try this on the new machine!  I did a little test on the Juki and it seems to stop on a dime.)  


This one has a more turn to life colors out on the deck and you can see on the one of the back - there was still snow on the ground.  Well thank goodness that is gone.



Not sure yet where they will be donating but I am hoping to gather a few more for donation to make room for the others I am making as well.  Well I am donating this one to hurricane Sandy Survivors through the Hands 2 Help.  There are lots of quilts getting linked up to help others in need.  


Hoping I can a new finish this weekend.  Also Happy Mother's Day to anyone who will be celebrating.   

9 comments:

  1. What a cheery and colorful donation! Your quilt will be loved. What a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great finish! I love the texture of the quilting, and that blue binding. I have to try that quilting design sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun and cheery! Someone's spirit will be lifted when snuggling under this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool quilt! I have just finished making one from what I think is the same pattern too! http://jenscraftwork.blogspot.co.nz/2014/05/comma-quilt.html Great to see another quilter's version!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous---love the colors and simplicity of the pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cool! I love these bright colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Beth, I just love the colors in this one - so very bright and cheerful!!! Sure to make someone smile every time they look at it. Thanks so much for participating in the Challenge this year - see you next year, I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this bright quilt. I just started one with solids and grey, now I wish I would have done solids and bright yellow! Love it

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the yellow but like any fabric I have had for awhile, I am always glad to use the last of it and buy something different, this one rocks!

    ReplyDelete