Thursday, May 1, 2014

Class time at Paducah

I have to say I was really glad that I took a class in Paducah.  I thought just roaming around for one more day would have been too much and then everything because even more appealing. Who knows I may have come home with a vacuum cleaner too!

Thursday was an all day class with Jacquie Gering and it was very informative and I learned a lot.  I am not a big fan of improve.  I love it but have a really hard time letting go.  I follow a pattern even if it is loosely and I can mock up a block but just sewing triangles on and put them up on the design wall - no that is not how I sew.  

When I take a class I really want to be able to step out of the box, learn something and hopefully want to do it again.  This class was just plain fun too!  It was really quick sewing and every one's in class was looking great.

I had decided that I was going to go low volume background and purple since I wanted to make a jumbo pillow for my niece Julie and this was really killing two birds with one stone.  So I started out with the J.  The other two circles was my friend Laurie.  We were sharing the design wall.


I then added some random dots and one circle.  I just thought it looked pretty!  I am betting that she will like it.  I was able to get 4 rows sewn together and the others are stacked and ready to go.  Not quite sure yet on how I will quilt it but it is fun so far.  The background was a Botanics and it was perfect for this.



Here are some others from class, I did not make any of these but wanted to show my other sewing mates what the possibilities were.


Another letter, I had taken photos before lunch too and this one had the design wall fall down and the picture came to the rescue!   It is a little confusing to know which way those triangles are suppose to go!


I think most people working with the squares were working in 4.5 inches but one ladies scraps were smaller so here block was 3.5 inches.

I loved how this one has different colors around the circles.

This lady was sitting next to me and loved her fabrics.  The grunge background was really great.  I don't think that this picture does it justice.

She worked on getting this one to spiral out with radiating color - pretty cool!


Turns out that Jacquie was staying in our same hotel across the hall from me.  I don't know she might think I was stalking her!  That was pretty funny so one night we shared our wine and we hung out in the lobby.

Overall great class - lots of fun and I can't wait to finish mine up.  Linking up to Let's Bee Sewcial, NTT.

In class were sewing on a Bernina Sewing Machine 750.  That machine was a little too complicated for me and it kept getting that little birds nest of threads.  But boy was that baby quiet!  We also had this little Steam Cordless Panasonic iron and that was awesome.  I did not go back to see how much there were at the show but have looked them up on Amazon.  That might need to go on the Christmas list!

Another long post but wanted to be able to look back and remember what happened!  So thank you if you are still reading this!  This weekend I have sewing on my brain so hoping I can get somethings done!

2 comments:

  1. What a treat! Sure wish I could have been a stowaway on this trip, Beth! Looks like you had a wonderful time. Love seeing all the pretty progress you and your new friends made at the class. Thanks so much for sharing your experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome! I love the wonkiness of the blocks!

    Thank you so much for partying at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete