Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Lovely Month of Finishes - Goal

I thought since my list for the month of August went well I should really join the fun over at either Fiber of all Sorts and/or Sew Bittersweet Designs for Lovely Month of Finishes.  A little added incentive to stay on track.

My goal for the month is the quilt for MMQG Challenge.  The challenge is to use the shot cotton that I picked in 25% of your project. Three categories to select from and I am going with a quilt.  I selected the rest of my fabric and finally decided on the pattern.  Hopefully it all comes together with the colors.  The quilt will have plenty of quilting space so I need to get this one done since the quilting will probably take more time than the piecing.

My color was Clementine(the one on the bottom). It looks brighter on this photo than it really is in person.  I love orange but this one was hard for me since my stash fabrics really didn't worked well with it(or that is what I tell myself).  So I HAD to go shopping!  That was not too difficult and  I really like the fabrics I bought to go with it.  The quilt has triangles and I have not pieced that shape yet.  I wanted to try something new.  Any tips otherwise send some luck my way.


Now I just need to get cutting on this one!





No comments:

Post a Comment