I did do the project over the weekend which was a new start but one I had planned on. I did red, white and blue to do a QOV quilt. I didn't measure the background and I was a little short. I worked with Julie and figured carefully cutting in a different order I should be fine. I did a batch and hated it! The background was all wrong for that so a string of them I ripped late Thursday night and then I went with the Kona eggshell. Oh so much better!
This pattern was not good. Didn't like the way the stars came together and they were all off. They way they trimmed the sides and all the bias edges. This thing waves like the flag. I like how it turned out and it works really well in the colors but I will not be making this pattern again. I didn't have the fabric for the borders so those will go on next week. I already have the back as well.
I was able to make a few vinyl pouches as well. Here is the one I made with Tula Pink's vinyl. I figured I should have something since I am going to see her trunk show next week. I think it is cute and should work for a knitting pouch for new cowl I want to start.
I also worked on a few more blocks for that scrap vomit. No pictures since I am finding that I am bored of it. That is a lot of 2.5 in squares. I have 7 out 13 scrap blocks and 5 out of 12 for the blocks with the solids. I am still planning on getting that one done this month!
Easy Street did not get borders but planning on buying them Monday night at Moda Club. I think I have a plan.
I am hoping for some sewing time tonight and again this weekend but have a 8K race and St. Paddy's day to celebrate!
Hope everyone is able to get some sewing time in. Linking up to Freshly Pieced.