Wednesday, March 6, 2013

March-WIP and A lovely month goal

For some reason I missed the first 2 months of the Lovely Month of Finishes but now not I found it need to get something knocked off the list for this month since it has to be one on Q1 list as well.  I know I am not going to get all them done but as long as I make progress it's all good right?!

So my goal for this month is to finish the Scrap Vomit quilt.  Yep, the top, quilted and bind it by March 31st. Pressure is on to stay focused.


Other progress on WIP's and since I am off to a quilting retreat a to do list for the weekend!

Easy Street
-While I am shopping looking for borders.  May be they will get sewn on if I find them.

Shine-Retreat Project
Fabric choice for the weekend project.  Hopefully, the top will be put together by end of the weekend.

Then I pulled a few random things in case I need one more thing like some pouches and place mats.  I am thinking, well I know, I won't get all of it done but I am going to try!

As for a recent finish I did finish my Civil War Sampler.  I am going to try to put together a post on that one since I spent a lot of time FMQ and took several pictures.  But here is one photo of it that I had of the feathers in the border.

I spent some time getting organized and trying to minimize what I take with me this weekend so here is a very bad photo (sorry) of what I am bringing. I have one show and tell, the Civil War Sampler, and I can't sew all weekend with out my chair and two lights!


Hopefully next week I have lots to report of finishes!  Linking up to March Lovely Year of Finishes and Freshly Pieced!

Happy Sewing

1 comment:

  1. I see what you mean about your Easy Street Quilt. The blocks are amazing but put together they get a bit mushy. Good luck with picking borders. Maybe orange or the bright blue? That might help the patterns simmer down and help the other colors pop. Just an idea!

    ReplyDelete