Tuesday, September 30, 2014

What has been going on?

August was a blur and it seems that September is as well.  I have sewed some not as much as I would like and worked more than I would like.  Not sure that is going to change much but the work travel doesn't seem to be too crazy so that will be an improvement!

I have one little quilt to share that I will donating to Project Linus for 100 Quilts for Kids over with Quilts in the Queue this year.  Today is the last day to link up so getting in at the end.  I had some charms of fabric from Cluck Cluck Sew of both Oh Clementine and Wallflower.  Then used some solid fabric to put this together really quick.  I used this same pattern when I first started sewing as my go to baby quilt.  At the time I used 2.5 inch squares for the four patch so with 5 inch squares it sews up quick.
I have been practicing some free motion quilting.   I used Superior So Fine on this one and did not have any issues at all on the Juki.  The first time I tried it I was getting thread breakage but no issues.

I used this red I had in my stash and would have preferred a more orange toned red but I was at a retreat and I was finishing this!  It looks fine and my bindings by machine are getting better.  I love the look of a hand binding but just don't take the time to do it.

 I am really happy to have finished it in time and am sure it will keep a small girl warm.  

I have a few more things done and that I have been working on and plan on updating for the Q3 Finish Along!  So there should be some additional posts in the next week.

Thanks for reading!


  1. That is a darling quilt. I love simple patterns. And your FMQ looks amazing. I want to try that design sometime.

  2. Your quilting looks pretty good. I hope to practice some more as well.